If you like the look and feel of the bed linens used in luxurious hotels, then you must be wondering how they always manage to keep their bed sheets so immaculate always. While, good care and maintenance is must, it is always very important to choose the bed sheets only from a good quality store, like KAMASH, where you can buy world’s most exclusive luxury bed linen brands. Here are some useful luxury bed linen buying tips and some ways to keep them in good shape always.
Bed linen buying tips
Understand the basics:
Thread count: The thread count means the number of fibers woven into square inch of material. It is generally believed, the higher the thread count, the better quality it will be. Thread counts vary from 80 to even 1000, however a thread count of 400 is considered good enough.
Ply is also used to determine the quality of bed linens. It refers to the number of individual yards used to make one strand of fiber. For example, Single ply uses only one yarn, while two-ply is made of two yarns twisted together and then woven into fabric.
Basic care and maintenance
- Wash your luxury bedding regularly with a bleach free detergent. Never use bleach as they could cause discoloration and premature wear and tear.
- Always follow manufacturer’s guidelines when washing your luxury bed linens, usually at 40 or 60 degrees, if using washing machine.
- Line dry bed linen outside whenever possible, this will help prevent damage to the delicate fibers of your luxury bed sheets.
- Avoid tumble-drying your bed linen too often as it causes bed sheets to shrink.
- Luxury bed sheets require washing by hand the first three or four times you wash them.
- Never use fabric softeners as they can be damaging to the fibers of your luxury bed sheets.
Keeping your bed linens new line for years is not difficult, if you know how to do it right. Follow the tips given above and always buy your bed sheets from reputed home linen stores like KAMASH. From the world’s most exclusive luxury bedding collections to luxury bath collection, they have everything to fill your home with luxury. Visit their store at- http://www.kamash.luxury/.